The Employment Support Services (ESS) program provides help and continuing support to people with a serious mental illness who are interested and seeking employment in the community as part of their recovery process. The supported employment program is integrated with the Case Management Services at the Branch to ensure that their employment goals are consistent with their individualized recovery plan. The direct involvement of the individual is critical in identifying employment goals. Services are tailored to the individual’s needs and include but are not limited to the following:
- Community market value employment is the goal
- Job readiness and Job search training are provided
- Employment goal planning & job finding based on individual preferences & qualifications
- Ongoing supports to maintain employment, including job coaching
- Computer Training, resume development and skill building training modules
- Personalized Assistance to Competitive Employment (PACE) Program for OW recipients who are not connected to CMHA Community Supports but could benefit from specialized employment supports
Individual residing in Windsor-Essex County, over 16 years of age, who are involved in intensive case management services with CMHA-WECB and who have interest and motivation to work.
How To Access The Service
Please contact CMHA-WECB at (519) 255-7440 for information or visit 1400 Windsor Avenue, Windsor, Ontario
Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
The regular business hours are 8:30 to 4:30 at the agency Monday to Friday. Services are available until 8:00 pm Monday to Thursday by appointment.