Our Mission & Vision
“Community well-being is our sole focus.”
CMHA Windsor Essex is the lead provider and advocate of specialized community mental health and addiction services integrated with comprehensive primary health care services.Vision Statement
“Mentally Healthy People in a Healthy Society”
Person Centred Approach: Ensure that the people using our programs and services are equal partners in planning, developing and monitoring care to make sure it meets their needs.
Equity: Commitment to a basic sense of fairness, a respect for differences among people, a belief that every human being deserves an equal opportunity in life and a passion to advocate regarding equity issues at the level of health system policy, planning and practice.
Accessibility: Facilitate integration of and access to the resources people require to maintain and improve their health, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Excellence: Promote evidence-informed best practices and take a lead role in achieving excellence in mental health and primary care services.
Integrity: Fulfill responsibilities in an accountable, professional and ethical manner, demonstrating honesty, impartiality and transparency.
Innovative: Focus on innovation and emerging trends and practice.
- To provide high quality services which build on natural supports, are confidential and safe and provide or link individuals to the least intrusive services to meet their needs.
- To provide integrated physical and mental health services to persons with a serious and persistent mental illness.
- To identify and strive to eliminate gaps in mental health services in Windsor and Essex County.
- To cultivate partnerships with consumers, families, and other service providers locally, regionally, provincially and nationally in furtherance of our mission.
- To advocate for change that will enable people with mental illness to achieve the highest quality of life possible, and to advocate for broader public policies that promote optimum mental health.
- To build community awareness of mental health issues and to educate the community on the impact of mental illness on individuals, families, friends and society at large.
- To position the Canadian Mental Health Association Windsor-Essex County Branch as a leader in the provision of mental health services.
- To ensure the governance policy process supports excellence, accountability and strategic planning.