Did you know?
- About 1.85 million people in Ontario (that’s 15.5% of the population) have a disability.
- 47.2% of people over the age of 65 have disabilities.
- By 2026, as the population ages, it is estimated that 16 per cent of people in Canada will have a disability.
- In any given year, one in five people in Canada experiences a mental health problem or illness.
CMHA-WECB is committed to ensuring all members of our community have equal access to the services we provide. Listed below are all our current Accessibility Policies and Procedures. Should you require the document in another form or have any questions, please contact us at
Accessibility for Clients with Disabilities Policy
Communicating with People with Disability Policy-Approved Final Version
Guide Dogs and Service Animal Policy-Approved Final Version
Notice of Disruptions in Service Procedure-Approved Final Version
Support Persons Poilcy
Use of Assistive Devices Policy-Approved Final Version
CMHA-WECB has taken the following steps to respond to the needs of an accessible community:
- Accessible Customer Service training for all CMHA-WECB employees, students, volunteers and contractors.
- A feedback process that allows persons with disabilities to provide input on how we have or have not met the needs of persons with disabilities; and
- A multi-year accessibility plan to be implemented by January 1, 2014 that describes how CMHA-WECB will meet accessibility standards over the next five years.