Our Mission & Vision
“Empowering transitions to wellness”
CMHA Windsor Essex is a lead provider and advocate of community mental health services. We achieve this through:
- Community Engagement
“Mentally Healthy People in a Healthy Society”
Person Centred Approach: Ensure that the people using our programs and services are equal partners in planning, developing and monitoring care to make sure it meets their needs.
Equity: Commitment to a basic sense of fairness, a respect for differences among people, a belief that every human being deserves an equal opportunity in life and a passion to advocate regarding equity issues at the level of health system policy, planning and practice.
Accessibility: Facilitate integration of and access to the resources people require to maintain and improve their health, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Excellence: Promote evidence-informed best practices and take a lead role in achieving excellence in mental health and primary care services.
Integrity: Fulfill responsibilities in an accountable, professional and ethical manner, demonstrating honesty, impartiality and transparency.
Innovative: Focus on innovation and emerging trends and practice.
- To provide high quality services which build on natural supports, are confidential and safe and provide or link individuals to the least intrusive services to meet their needs.
- To provide integrated physical and mental health services to persons with a serious and persistent mental illness.
- To identify and strive to eliminate gaps in mental health services in Windsor and Essex County.
- To cultivate partnerships with consumers, families, and other service providers locally, regionally, provincially and nationally in furtherance of our mission.
- To advocate for change that will enable people with mental illness to achieve the highest quality of life possible, and to advocate for broader public policies that promote optimum mental health.
- To build community awareness of mental health issues and to educate the community on the impact of mental illness on individuals, families, friends and society at large.
- To position the Canadian Mental Health Association Windsor-Essex County Branch as a leader in the provision of mental health services.
- To ensure the governance policy process supports excellence, accountability and strategic planning.