Client & Family/Caregiver Advisory Committee
The Client & Family/Caregiver Advisory Committee serves as a formal mechanism for involving clients, family/caregivers and staff as partners for policy and program decision making at the Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch (CMHA-WECB).
- The CFAC will make every attempt to ensure the client and the family/caregiver perspective is represented within CMHA-WECB.
- The committee will create a venue for input into program and service development
- Provide the opportunity to develop and integrate relationships between the lived experience perspective and clinical/medical perspective within the CMHA-WECB.
- Provide consultation in program development and suggestions for educating the community and CMHA-WECB around mental health and addiction related issues.
- Continue to promote recovery and wellness.
- Are required to attend the scheduled meetings 4x/year;
- Will fill the position for a 2-year term;
- Have experienced mental illness as a client, or be a family member or caregiver of someone with mental illness;
- Ideally have access to email and the internet.
- Bring the perspective and experience of mentally ill clients and supporters to the planning for improvements to the delivery of mental health care and services;
- Review and provide feedback on client satisfaction and/or client focus group reports;
- Assist in the identification of mental health care needs and gaps;
- Provide input and recommendations to improve mental health care programs and services across Windsor and Essex County.
This is a volunteer position; travel costs are covered; and refreshments provided.
To apply, please fill out the Client and Family/Caregiver Committee Application.
For more information, or to obtain a hard copy of the application contact Laura Liebrock, Accreditation/Quality Coordinator, 519-255-9940 x324 or email@example.com.