The Dual Diagnosis program provides services to individuals who have a pre-existing developmental disability, and mental illness. The program psychiatrist assists in consultations and follow-up recommendations for treatment for individuals requiring this service.
- Information, education and referral services
- Support, coordinate services and links to resources that an individual may need,
- Service plan based on individual needs,
- Supportive counseling,
- Crisis-planning, crisis intervention and crisis prevention,
- Assistance with symptom and behavior management,
- Medication support,
- Family support and education,
- Advocacy and
- Public/professional education.
Individuals with mental illness and a developmental disability residing in Windsor and Essex County, over 16 years of age.
How To Access The Service
Referrals come from the Association for Community Living, Windsor Regional Hospital and Physician(s). Please contact 519-973-4435 for information.
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare Dual Diagnosis Outreach program
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
The regular business hours are 8:30 to 4:30 at the agency Monday to Friday. Services are available until 8:00 pm Monday to Thursday by appointment.