The program provides a continuum of support for individual children, families, professional caregivers and the child’s social environment, to assist children to effectively deal with bereavement issues and the trauma that often accompanies an unexpected loss or violent death.
- Caregiver education
- Clinical assessment of child’s needs
- Short term clinical intervention based on developmental stage of child/youth
- Consultation and collaboration with other professionals involved with child/youth
- Community/Public Education
- Classroom/School Education regarding the death of a peer
Children and youth (through to high school age) who have experienced a recent loss through death and are residents of Windsor and Essex County.
How To Access The Service
Self-referral, caregivers, community agencies, and school boards etc. Referrals accepted by telephone (519) 973-4435.
Community fundraised dollars.
The regular business hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm at the agency Monday to Friday. Services are available until 8:00 pm Tuesday to Thursday by appointment.