It’s important now more than ever that we #KeepConnected. Visit our webpage for ideas and shareables to stay connected during COVID-19.
Emergency assistance is needed for some of our most financially vulnerable clients. Our Client Assistance Fund is in need of emergency funding due to increased needs from the COVID-19 pandemic. To read more, click here. To donate, click here and choose “COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund”. Thank you.
Thank you to everyone that has donated Personal Protective Equipment, and made a donation to our Emergency Relief Fund!
Greg Monforton & Partners
Deemed an essential service by the Ontario government amid public health concerns related to COVID-19, Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch (CMHA-WECB) remains open and is ensuring community mental health and addictions supports are safely available by providing programs, services and information online and over the phone as this situation develops.
In accordance with social distancing measures outlined by public health agencies, CMHA-WECB has altered service delivery to protect public health and safety, pivoting services and information sharing to virtual or other means so individuals in need of mental health and addictions supports can continue to get the help they need.
To protect clients and staff while continuing to support the community, CMHA-WECB is providing client services over the phone and is looking at introducing online supports, in addition to those already being offered by Mental Health Works. All events, external meetings and groups have been temporarily suspended. All staff and clients entering either our main branch at 1400 Windsor Ave., or the Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre at 744 Ouellette Ave., must enter through the main/front entrance and will be required to take part in a mandatory screening process.
A reminder to practice social distancing, wash your hands thoroughly and often, and if you are experiencing a cough or fever, it is best to stay home.
As this public health situation develops, CMHA-WECB will continue to inform clients and the community of further changes to programs and services as they occur. Stay up to date by checking this page or our social media channels often.
Local Information & Resources
- Community Helplines (English & Arabic)
- An Introduction to the Mental Health Urgent Care Clinic (YouTube video)
- Windsor Essex Seniors Call Assurance Program
- Windsor-Essex Counselling Support Line
- Windsor Regional Hospital
- Information on Local Food Banks
- Information on Local Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets
- Windsor-Essex Food Helpline
- WECHU Nutrition & Access to Food
- Service map of local care providers, clinics and specialists.
Provincial Information & Supports
Federal Information & Supports
- Ministry of Health self-assessment tool
- Canadian Council for Refugees Q&A and Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Mental Health Commission of Canada: Resource Hub
- Mental Health Commission of Canada: External COVID-19 Resources
- National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health
- Centre of Excellence for Child & Youth Mental Health
Online Resources & Supports
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- CMHA-WECB’s YouTube channel includes previously recorded webinars on bereavement, managing anxiety and stress, and more!
- Mental Health and Addictions Services available online
- Big White Wall
- Connected Breath: Guided Practice Breathing
- CMHA-WECB Bereavement Education Seminar
- The revised Ministry of Health self-assessment tool which can be used over the phone with clients is here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q1
- Windsor Regional Hospital has excellent information including guidance for children who are demonstrating signs of illness. https://www.wrh.on.ca/Coronavirus
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
- 211 Ontario: 211
- Ontario Caregiver Helpline: 1-833-416-2273
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Ministry of Ontario website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Public Health Agency of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Your local Public Health Unit hotline: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
- Safe Grocery Handling
- Eating Well if You are Sick
- The Secret Sauce to Make Your New Work-at-Home Situation a Success
- Guide to Living with Worry & Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty
- Five Ways to Well-being