Deemed an essential service by the Ontario government throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch (CMHA-WECB) remains open and is ensuring community mental health and addictions supports are safely available by providing programs, services and information online and over the phone, as well as reintegrating face-to-face visits and essential trainings.
With the move back to Stage 2, winter weather and more time indoors it is important to remember the key measures of infection prevention and control. Masking where advised, physical distancing and handwashing remain imperative, especially with the Delta and Omicron variants.
Additional guidance is outlined below:
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms and have an appointment at either CMHA or our Health Centre, please isolate and call reception to indicate you will not attend in person.
COVID-19 symptoms include: Fever of 37.8C or higher, chills, cough or barking cough (not related to other conditions such as COPD, Asthma, etc.); Shortness of breath, unable to breathe deeply (not related to other conditions); decrease in or loss of taste or smell.
And two or more of: Muscle aches/joint pain; extreme tiredness, sore throat, runny or stuffy/congested nose; headache; nausea; vomiting and/or diarrhea.
For more COVID-19 information, see the Windsor Essex County Health Unit. For health guidance 24/7 call Telehealth Ontario toll-free at 1-866-797-0000.
All staff and clients continue to enter either our main branch at 1400 Windsor Ave., or the Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre at 744 Ouellette Ave., through the main/front entrance and will be required to take part in a mandatory screening process. Please come to scheduled appointments no earlier than 15 minutes before the appointment time. Please bring only one support person to your appointment.
Stay up to date by checking this page or our social media channels often.
For all the details on the Provincial Re-Opening Status follow this link:
Guidance for individuals who are vaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated:
For evaluating travel risk with Ontario Delta Variant Hotspots check the specific information from the local public health unit in the area you are traveling to:
For travel outside of Ontario check the local public health authorities in other provinces and territories across the country:
CMHA-WECB now has branded masks! Each mask comes with an anti-fog filter. Available for purchase here. $10 each or 3 for $25.
Available for pick-up at our office (1400 Windsor Ave.) within 24 hours of purchase, Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm.
It’s important now more than ever that we #KeepConnected. Visit our webpage for ideas and shareables to stay connected during COVID-19.
Emergency assistance is needed for some of our most financially vulnerable clients. Our Client Assistance Fund is in need of emergency funding due to increased needs from the COVID-19 pandemic. To read more, click here. To donate, click here and choose “COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund”. Thank you.
Thank you to everyone that has donated Personal Protective Equipment, and made a donation to our Emergency Relief Fund!
Greg Monforton & Partners
Paulin Memorial Presbyterian Church
- An echo pandemic of mental health issues? Not if we can help it.
- Ontario Increasing Mental Health Support During COVID-19
- Kaitlin Atkinson Family Resource Library Resource List – Grief & Bereavement
- Loss and Grief During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Local Information & Resources
- Community Helplines (English & Arabic)
- An Introduction to the Mental Health Urgent Care Clinic (YouTube video)
- Windsor Essex Seniors Call Assurance Program
- Windsor-Essex Counselling Support Line
- Windsor Regional Hospital
- Information on Local Food Banks
- Information on Local Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets
- WECHU Nutrition & Access to Food
- Service map of local care providers, clinics and specialists.
Provincial Information & Supports
Federal Information & Supports
- Ministry of Health self-assessment tool
- Canadian Council for Refugees Q&A and Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Mental Health Commission of Canada: Resource Hub
- Mental Health Commission of Canada: External COVID-19 Resources
- National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health
- Centre of Excellence for Child & Youth Mental Health
Online Resources & Supports
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- CMHA-WECB’s YouTube channel includes previously recorded webinars on bereavement, managing anxiety and stress, and more!
- Mental Health and Addictions Services available online
- Big White Wall
- Connected Breath: Guided Practice Breathing
- CMHA-WECB Bereavement Education Seminar
- Douglas Marketing Group’s #StayHomeActivities
- Free, public access Online Multilingual Health Information Library, for COVID-19 related resources and information
- Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Growers’ Association COVID-19 Health and Safety Resources
- Ontario COVID-19 multilingual communication resources
- The revised Ministry of Health self-assessment tool which can be used over the phone with clients is here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q1
- Windsor Regional Hospital has excellent information including guidance for children who are demonstrating signs of illness. https://www.wrh.on.ca/Coronavirus
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
- 211 Ontario: 211
- Ontario Caregiver Helpline: 1-833-416-2273
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- New Service Offering at Kids Help Phone
- Ministry of Ontario website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Public Health Agency of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Your local Public Health Unit hotline: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
- Please find below the links to some short Q&A videos completed with Dr. Shelton yesterday.
- Complete FAQ: https://youtu.be/o26b1EJWRnU
- Will this affect my fertility?: https://youtu.be/cspzzVTgWD8
- What are the side effects?: https://youtu.be/kXaJpbGwIhU
- Can I drink alcohol?: https://youtu.be/a2CJtHq7WeQ
- What’s in the vaccine?: https://youtu.be/yg-4r0T7rgw
- Is it safe during pregnancy?: https://youtu.be/2Mc5I1rS7RA
- Will it interact with other vaccines?: https://youtu.be/kZMqHIwh0cY
- I’m worried it was developed too fast.: https://youtu.be/OLxgGj0LKsg
- October 24th Welcome video: https://youtu.be/5leE-gu_GLw
- Safe Grocery Handling
- Eating Well if You are Sick
- The Secret Sauce to Make Your New Work-at-Home Situation a Success
- Guide to Living with Worry & Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty
- Five Ways to Well-being