Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are temporarily suspending applications for the Speakers Bureau. Please check back for further updates. Thank you.
Join the Show Your Sole Speakers Bureau
1 in 5 Canadians live with a mental illness and many others are affected by mental health concerns. Help end the stigma and separate facts from stereotypes by becoming a speaker for CMHA-WECB.
Take a stand in support of mental health and help end the stigma of mental illness in our community. If you are living with a mental illness, and are far enough along in your recovery journey, or have a loved one living with a mental illness, why not join the Show Your Sole Speakers Bureau?
We are looking for individuals who want to:
- Share their personal stories about living with mental illness or grief journey
- Create a shift in how society perceives mental illness and those affected by it
- Share messages of wellness, hope and recovery
Candidates who are selected will receive:
- Orientation, training and preparation for presentations
- Support before and debriefing after presentations
- Support from a network of peers and professional staff
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or contact us at 519-255-7440 ext. 234.