The program provides therapy to bereaved individuals who are at risk of complex grief/trauma (up to two years after the death). Facilitated support groups based on type of death or relationship to the deceased offer peer support and education which promote understanding of grieving process, as well as learning and implementation of healthy coping strategies. The program also offers ongoing seminars about coping with grief and consultation to community agencies, groups and the general public.
- Structured therapy for individuals experiencing traumatic death and complicated grief
- Facilitated Support Groups
- Widows and Widowers of all ages
- Bereaved Parents of Older Children as well as Infants
- Adults Bereaved by Suicide
- Adults Bereaved by Homicide
- Adult Grievers (bereaved by death of parent, friend, extended family member)
- Educational Seminars
- Community Group and Public Educational Presentations about grief and supporting grieving individuals
- Annual Candlelight Vigils for those bereaved by Suicide, Homicide and the death of a child.
Windsor and Essex County Residents 14 years of age and older who have experienced a recent loss through death.
How to Access the Service:
By appointment. Please contact 519-973-4435. You may have to leave a message.
The regular business hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm at the agency Monday to Friday. Services are available until 8:00pm Monday to Thursday by appointment.