The Canadian Mental Health Association’s annual Mental Health Week is May 7-13, 2018
- Each May, Canadians in communities, schools, workplaces and the House of Commons rally around CMHA Mental Health Week.
- 2018 marks the 67th annual CMHA Mental Health Week.
- Mental Health Week is led by the Canadian Mental Health Association, which is also celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
Mental health is about more than mental illness
- One in five Canadians live with mental health problems, mental illnesses or addiction. But the reality is, five in five of us have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
- We can all benefit from celebrating, promoting and acknowledging the role that good mental health plays in living a full and meaningful life.
Let’s #GetLoud about what mental health really is
- Mental health is about more than being happy all the time. It’s about feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s highs and lows.
- Everyone deserves to feel well, whatever their mental health experience. And we all need a support system to lean on.
- Visit www.mentalhealthweek.ca for info and tools about CMHA Mental Health Week.
- At the site you can SHARE communications materials, WRITE your local MP or DONATE to support CMHA programs and initiatives.