THE MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS URGENT CARE CENTRE (MHUACC)
THE MHAUCC is a central access point for adults or youth aged 16 years or older who cannot safely wait for community mental health and addiction support. The service is intended for those experiencing a mental health or addiction crisis or who are having an acute and serious need who are at risk of worsening mental health conditions that may require hospitalization.
- Brief Psychotherapy and Psychosocial Support
- Urgent Psychiatric Assessment and Consultation
- Medical Assessment and Monitoring
- Connection to community-based services
- Addiction Management Services
***NEW LOCATION AS OF FEBRUARY 22, 2021***
Crisis and Mental Wellness Centre (TSC)
744 Ouellette Ave.
Phone: 257-5111 ext. 77968
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
- Complimentary parking is available across the street or to the north of the building
- Pay and display parking is available in the lot off of Dufferin Ave as well as metered street parking. The Crisis and Mental Wellness Centre is on the Transway 1A and 1C Bus route. The Central 3 and Crosstown 4 are located at neighboring intersection of Erie Street and Wyandotte Ave.
*NEW HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday to Friday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
24/7 Community Crisis Services are available by calling 519-973-4435
Self-referral, physician and healthcare provider referrals accepted.
Walk-in during hours of operation.
A person SHOULD GO TO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT if experiencing:
- Acutely suicidal thoughts or self-harming behaviour
- Substance-related Intoxication
- Acute Psychosis
- Possible medical issues
- Severe alcohol dependency
- Aggressive or violent behavior with risk to others