In an effort to respond to the mental health and addiction needs of our community especially given the anxiety, fear and uncertainty associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) with partner the Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch (CMHA-WECB) have opened the Mental Health and Addictions Urgent Care Centre (MHAUCC).
The MHAUCC is a central access point for adults or youth aged 16 years or older who cannot safely wait for community mental health and addiction support. The service is intended for those experiencing a mental health or addictions crisis or who are having an acute and serious need who are at risk of worsening mental health condition that may require hospitalization.
Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch
1400 Windsor Ave., Windsor, ON N8X 3L9
Parking and Transportation
Complimentary parking is available across the street or to the north of the building.
24/7 Community Crisis Services are available by calling 519.973.4435
Self-referral, physician and healthcare provider referrals accepted.
Walk-in during hours of operation.
- If you are aged 16 years are older and your mental health or addiction related concern IS NOT urgent the TSC, Crisis and Mental Wellness Centre at 744 Ouellette Avenue provides a wide range of support for those affected by mental health and addiction related concerns.
- 24/7 Community Crisis Services are available by calling 519.973.4435.
- The Regional Children’s Centre Counselling Clinic is available by phone 519.257.KIDS for individuals under the age of 16.
A person SHOULD GO TO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT if experiencing:
- Acutely suicidal thoughts or self-harming behaviour
- Substance related Intoxication
- Acute Psychosis
- Possible medical issues
- Sever alcohol dependency
- Aggressive or violent behaviour with risk to others