François Brulé is a recently retired Assistant Deputy Chief with the Municipality of Lakeshore Fire Department. Since 2011, he has been raising funds for families and organizations supporting those in need in our local community through his participation in running events:
- 2011: New York City Marathon – in support of Daniel Ethier and the Ethier Family
- 2013: JFK 50 Mile – in support of In Honour of the Ones We Love, in memory of Daniel Ethier
- 2017: Tunnel Hill 100 Miles – in support of both The Fight Like Mason Foundation and In Honour of the Ones We Love, Honourable Little Ninjas
- 2021: Solo Circumnavigation of Essex County (100 miles) – in support of the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation
Earlier this year on January 2nd, 2023; his family experienced the loss of his youngest brother in-law Guy St. Pierre. Guy was a loving and kind man who unfortunately succumbed to liver disease following a lengthy battle with his demons. Eight days later, on January 10th, 2023, their family experienced the loss of his mother-in-law, Hélène St. Pierre following her courageous battle with pancreatic cancer.
Francois is honoured to announce his participation in the 2023 Indiana Trail 100 Mile, to be held on October 14-15, 2023, at Chain O’Lakes State Park in Albion, Indiana. He will be running in memory of Guy and Hélène St. Pierre, and will be raising funds for:
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch
- The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County
Both of these organizations have helped and supported many individuals and families in Windsor-Essex County. Both continue to do so daily with ever increasing demands for their services.
If you knew Guy or Hélène, or anyone who has required the services of either the CMHA Windsor-Essex or the Hospice of Windsor and Essex County; I encourage you to consider donating to either one or both of these wonderful organizations.
Thank you. Merci