During Suicide Awareness Month, CMHA-WECB will be offering a free webinar series focusing on Suicide Prevention, Intervention & Postvention.
The goal of these free webinars will be to raise awareness around suicide, how to help someone thinking about suicide, and provide support for those experiencing loss around suicide. Each webinar will cover a different topic, including:
- Suicide in the Workplace: How to have a conversation around suicide.
- This webinar will focus on suicide prevention efforts in the workplace and how to best support employees and their families.
- Postvention: Understanding grief and strategies for healing.
- This webinar will focus on understanding the complexities surrounding suicide bereavement as well as equipping individuals with the skills to support the needs of those who have been bereaved by suicide.
- Brief Interventions to Prevent Suicide and Considerations from Individuals with Lived Experience
- This webinar will focus on increasing helpers’ confidence when it comes to supporting people experiencing thoughts of suicide.
- Talking Openly About Suicide and the Power of Human Connections
- Life promotion happens when we connect with each other. This webinar will explore the taboo around suicide, and protective factors including the power of human connections to keep safe from suicide.
The sessions are being hosted and facilitated by CMHA-WECB via Microsoft Teams, and will be presented by:
- Jenny-Lee Almeida, Bilingual Mental Health Educator
- Sonia McMahon-Comartin, Mental Health Educator
Four webinars, one registration! Upon registration, participants will be sent the Teams link for all four webinars.
Each Session is Offered 2 Times (lunch & evening)
September 13th, 20th, 27th & October 4th 12pm-1pm / 6:30pm-7:30pm