NOTE: This training is for CMHA employees only.
This one day training is an introduction to grief and bereavement concepts that are utilized when supporting those with normative grief, and how to promote the benefits of group-based services to grievers. Information and training will be delivered by staff from CMHA Windsor-Essex County’s Bereavement program.
At the end of this training participants will:
- Understand the difference between grief support and grief therapy
- Enhance understanding of the uniqueness of grief
- Gain working knowledge of the different forms of grief
- Enhance understanding of the natural responses to grief
- Learn strategies to support grief healing and adaptive coping
- Learn techniques to introduce mourning practices to individuals accessing support
- Recognize and address presenting supporter fatigue
- Learn skills to enhance self care while providing grief and bereavement support
This training is part of CMHA Ontario’s new bereavement resources, which were developed for CMHA branches to further support healthy grieving in communities across Ontario. The resources are modeled after the CMHA Windsor Essex Bereavement program, which has been offering bereavement services to the local community since 1978.