Purchase a local Mother’s Day flower in memory of the late CMHA occupational therapist, Cynthia Brown, in support of the Griefworks youth bereavement program.
Floral Purchases & Donation Details
This year, we have partnered with Anna’s Flowers and the Real Canadian Superstore (Walker Rd.) to offer a variety of floral items just in time for Mother’s Day.
Available from May 1-15 (order online only and must be picked up in-store) at shopannas.ca/collections/cmha will be:
- 11” flowering hanging baskets (Geraniums, Rieger Begonia, or Million Bells/Calibrachoa), $19.99
- 11″ hanging basket – Boston Fern, $22.99
Available in-store at the Real Canadian Superstore (Walker Rd.)
- Selected flowers will be available in the Garden Centre.
Should you wish to make a donation to Cynthia’s Flowers, please click here.
About Cynthia’s Flowers
Cynthia’s Flowers was born from the loss of a beloved mother, her son and daughter’s desire to honour her, and the special relationship between all moms and their children.
The annual fundraiser supports an essential program at the Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch.
Griefworks is a unique and specialized program that helps children and youth cope with grief and trauma after the death of an important person in their lives. The loss of a loved one at any age is extremely difficult and that’s why helping and supporting our local children in dealing with their grief in a healthy way is so important. Services are provided free of charge at our office and in schools.
Griefworks is a community-based program designed to address loss experienced by children and adolescents up to 18 years of age. Services include:
- Short-term activity-based clinical intervention for the child/youth
- Parent education
- Community consultation with professionals involved in supporting the child
- Therapeutic Intervention Groups for similarly aged children who have experienced the death of a loved one
- Structured therapy for individuals experiencing traumatic death and complicated grief
Griefworks relies on community support for sustainability. Thank you for your purchase.